Podcast ... launched!


I am so excited to launch my new podcast, Artclectic New England!  Thanks to What Cheer Writer's Club, Anita Crackinstuff, and The Callouts for being part of this program.  Here is the script to give you and idea of what is included in the show!

Hello and welcome to the first episode of Artclectic New England…I’m your host, Dennise Kowalczyk.  This is a new podcast created to celebrate…spotlight…and elevate the variety of delicious arts, culture, lifestyle, and beauty found here in New England. It is a work in progress but expect to hear a lot about my new hometown, Providence, in every episode because, well, it is that amazing.

On today’s program, a reflection piece that includes a song by local band, The Huntress and Holder of Hands, but first, an interview with the staff of What Cheer Writer’s Club – it is a non-profit located in downtown Providence, RI – and full disclosure:  I am a new member and producing Artclectic New England in the new podcast studio. I spent some time with Jodie and Jillian – two of the

For more information about What Cheer Writer’s Club, the website is, whatcheerclub.org or find the link on the show page.

Relocating to Providence from Portland, Oregon has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.  The people here are real and passionate about their city; the food is delicious; and the arts are at the forefront of the PVD experience. Here is a reflection piece that I put together, after arriving here, that features my discovery of one of the fantastic bands that can be found in the area: The Huntress and Holder of Hands.

To learn more about AS 220 as well as the band – The Huntress and Holder of Hands, check out the links on the show page.

I have already met some of the most creative folks around in Rhode Island right here in Providence. One of those talented and overall great people is Anita Crackinstuff. She is a bit of a puzzle but this is what I do know: she is Big Nazo's most loyal fan, and she has something special coming up with her dog, Rusty Dawgg, at the Rooftop at the G. A little side bar-- BIG NAZO is an international performance group of visual artists, puppet performers, and masked musicians who work together to create who work together to create bizarre and triple takes because of their Human-Alien-Animal-Robot Hybrid characters based right here in Providence. I'll include a link on the show page so you can check them out. But back to Anita-- she is a clever and fun-loving creature visiting Providence, appreciates public art, and tolerates children and animals, if you know what she means. She's joining me here on Artclectic New England to unveil some of New England and its surrounding territories'

Be sure to tune in each show for Don't Save the Laughter for After presented by Anita Crackinstuff... if you know what I mean...

I’ll be listing some cools stuff coming up in the region in each of the shows, but for this grand debut:  a couple of great online resources to check out…

ricreative.org
artsnowri.com

…are two great sites…. And, if you are going to be in New England in early June, be sure to check out PVDFest running from June 6 through June 9 – it is Providence’s signature art festival  and features local arts, culture, and food.  Not to be missed!

That’s all the time I have for this first episode of Artclectic New England.  Thanks to my guests.  Thanks to What Cheer Writer’s Club for providing access to their fantastic podcast studio. Thanks to Anita Crackinstuff. I would love to hear from you – comments and questions can be sent to artclecticNE@gmail.com. Thanks for listening to this debut of Artclectic New England.

I’m going to close out with a song by Rhode Island band, The Callouts. I learned about them in Providence Monthly Magazine.  All I can say is, take a listen.  I think you are going to like them….and remember: the purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.  Thanks to Pablo Picasso for that lovely quote. Here’s California by the Call Outs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Providence Art Club

The Providence Improv Guild