Letterpress, wine, and AS220

I attended a really fun event at AS220 Industries back in April: DRINK + INK!  It is a ticketed event at the space that provides supervised access to some of their equipment to make things and, of course, there is wine (plus some tasty snacks).

I was familiar with the general scope of offerings made by the arts organization which includes a performance space and gallery along with classes.  I had an impressionable conversation with their community membership manager, Edwige Charlot, that led me to sign up for my very first class: Intro to Letterpress (the special discount I received from attending the social event helped, too!).


A class on letterpress had been on my bucket list for quite a few years now, so I was pleased as punch to see that my June schedule aligned with the date the two-part class was taking place. I had a great time with the other attendees learning how to make a plate to make my very first letterpress art.


 

If you have in a smidge of interest in learning any kind of creative expression - be it letterpress, photography, or movement - chances are they are offering a class of some sort.  And, in many cases, once you take a class, you are qualified to you the space via a paid membership. 

Check out their website and click on an assortment of pages/links to learn more.  The next DRINK + INK is coming up on July 18 and tickets go quickly, so get them now before the event is sold out.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Providence Art Club

The Providence Improv Guild